STADTWERKE BOCHUM NETZ GMBH
New management approaches for greater future-fitness and sustainability
goetzpartners is supporting the Stadtwerke Bochum Netz GmbH municipal utilities services in the area of executive staff development.
The responsibilities of management staff at the Netzgesellschaft energy provider of the Stadtwerke Bochum Group founded in 2011 included: Maintaining and operating electricity, water and gas grids, handling market regulation and transforming the business model. Although the 56 executives, from managing director to shop foreman, had a concentrated pool of expertise at their fingertips, they had little experience in entrepreneurial leadership as a team.
Taking the initiative at all levels
Since 2015, goetzpartners has been helping managerial staff to optimize their exchange with each other and the employees and drive entrepreneurial initiative at all levels. With the "Leadership 2.0" approach created specifically for the development of executive staff, the participants were able to immediately apply new procedures and methods in their daily business activities – and anchor them sustainably within the organization.
Appreciation and motivation
goetzpartners' leadership approach actively and continuously supported the managers in maintaining an open dialog, sharing best practices, instilling appreciation and a sense of purpose, and motivating employees to make and accept changes. All this has become an integral part of the energy provider's corporate culture through the Leadership 2.0 process. The result: entrepreneurial creativity and pro-active commitment at all levels.
CHALLENGES FOR CLIENT
- Energy market regulation
- Cost pressure
- Transformation of business model
GOETZPARTNERS APPROACH: LEADERSHIP 2.0
- Learning Factory: Leadership methods know-how, designing management agendas
- Best Practices marketplace: Exchange between members of executive staff
- Learning tandems plus coaching: Individual development and projects
- Open dialog across all hierarchy levels
- Instilling appreciation and a sense of purpose generates motivation and promotes innovation
- Executive managers and company employees proactively drive the transformation of the business model through entrepreneurship