Our business is built upon trust. goetzpartners considers our client's trust in the protection of corporate and personal data (data privacy) to be of great value. Furthermore, goetzpartners abides to all applicable data protection acts and endeavours to continuously improve data protection.
This website provides information on various companies, in particular on goetzpartners Holding AG and affiliated companies, including goetzpartners Management Consultants GmbH and goetzpartners Corporate Finance GmbH. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement “goetzpartners” means goetzpartners Holding AG, Prinzregentenstr. 56, 80538 Munich. More information is available in the website legal notice. This company is the responsible data controller for this website.
Table of Contents
1. OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE
goetzpartners processes your personal data to present the information that is available on this website and to provide the services offered on this website.
Unless it is explicitly stated otherwise in the following sections the legal basis for this processing of data is Article 6(1)f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), i.e. a balancing of interests – based on goetzpartners’ legitimate interest to provide this website and the services offered on it to internet users.
2. Processed data
2.1 Data you enter
For the purposes described above goetzpartners particularly uses any data you may enter on this website (e.g. using a contact form, or when subscribing to an email newsletter). goetzpartners processes these data you have entered to handle and to answer your request.
2.2 Automatically collected data
To present the right information to you on this website goetzpartners also processes the following data:
- The address of the web page on this website you visit
- The address of the web page you visited immediately before, if any (the “referrer”)
- Date and time of your visit
- Properties of your device, particularly its operating system, the browser you use and your browser’s display window size
- Your device’s IP address on the internet
- Randomly assigned ID numbers, which goetzpartners and third parties working for goetzpartners store on your device. With these ID numbers goetzpartners and the service providers working for goetzpartners can recognize your device. This makes it possible to link your current website visit to your previous website visits. Technically these ID numbers are stored in so-called “cookies” on your device.
If you do not want Cookies to be dropped on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some Cookies and to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’ / ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ section or see www.allaboutcookies.org
3. Website analytics
goetzpartners strives to present the most relevant information to the users of this website. With your consent goetzpartners therefore uses tools to measure how this website is being used. With the help of these tools goetzpartners particularly collects the following kind of information:
- On which links on other websites do users click to get to this website?
- Which subpages of this website are visited when, how often, and in which order?
- Which information do the website users look for?
- On which links or offers do the website users click?
Based on these kinds of information goetzpartners creates statistics which help to answer the following questions:
- Which pages of the website are particularly attractive for the users?
- Which kinds of information are most interesting for the users?
- Which offers should goetzpartners make to its users?
For these purposes goetzpartners particularly uses the automatically collected data described in Section 2.2 above. The data are always stored pseudonymously (i.e., under a randomly assigned ID number).
The legal basis for this processing of data is Article 6(1)a) GDPR together with the consent you have given. You can withdraw your consent at any time in the “Cookie Settings” of our website. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Another web analytics tool that goetzpartners uses is the software “Matomo”.
Matomo also uses the “cookies” mentioned above in section 2.2. We store the information created with the help of these cookies for up to 14 months. The cookies themselves are stored in your browser for up to 393 days.
3.3 LinkedIn Analytics and LinkedIn Ads
For marketing purposes, we use the products "LinkedIn Analytics" and "LinkedIn Ads" of the social network LinkedIn, a service of LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland ("LinkedIn").
The purpose of these tracking services is to analyse the usage behaviour by visitors to our website. Based on these analyses, we can place more targeted advertisements in the LinkedIn advertising network in order to address potential customers and/or employees for our company. LinkedIn processes the data generated in this process under its own responsibility as data controller.
The cookies used in this context have a storage period of up to 2 years.
For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of data by LinkedIn, as well as your setting options for protecting your privacy, please refer to LinkedIn's data protection information at https://privacy.linkedin.com/.
4. Email newsletter and other marketing
You can subscribe to a regular email newsletter and to other emails with product and service information of the goetzpartners’ group of companies. Sender of such emails can be goetzpartners itself and any affiliated company of goetzpartners pursuant to SS. 15 et seq. German Stock Corporation Act [Aktiengesetz] (the “Group Companies”). The Group Companies are currently the following companies:
1. goetzpartners itself, i.e. goetzpartners Holding AG, Prinzregentenstr. 56, 80538 Munich, Germany
2. goetzpartners Management Consultants Holding GmbH, Prinzregentenstr. 56, 80538 Munich, Germany
3. goetzpartners Corporate Finance Holding GmbH, Prinzregentenstr. 56, 80538 Munich, Germany
4. goetzpartners Corporate Finance GmbH, Prinzregentenstr. 56, 80538 Munich, Germany
5. goetzpartners Management Consultants GmbH, Prinzregentenstr. 56, 80538 Munich, Germany
6. goetzpartners Corporate Services GmbH, Prinzregentenstr. 56, 80538 Munich, Germany
7. goetzpartners Beratungs- und Beteiligungs GmbH, Prinzregentenstr. 56, 80538 Munich, Germany
8. TransConnect Unternehmensberatungs- und Beteiligungs GmbH, Prinzregentenstr. 56, 80538 Munich, Germany
9. goetzpartners securities Limited, 7 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG, England, United Kingdom
10. goetzpartners Corporate Finance SAS, 19, avenue George V, 75008 Paris, France
11. goetzpartners S.r.l., Piazza Fontana, 6, 20122 Milan, Italy
12. goetzpartners (Schweiz) AG, Kantonsstr. 1, 8807 Freienbach/Zurich, Switzerland
13. goetzpartners Corporate Finance SA (Spain), Calle Marqués de Urquijo n 30°, piso 1°, 28008 Madrid, Spain
14. goetzpartners Corporate Finance s.r.o., Melantrichova 17, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic
15. goetzpartners Russia GmbH, Starokonyushenny lane, 10/10, bld. 1, 119002 Moscow, Russia
16. goetzpartners USA Corp., 7 World Trade Center, 46th Floor, 250 Greenwich Street, Suite 4620, New York, NY 10007, USA
17. goetzpartners Management Business Consultants (Shanghai) Co. Ltd., Unit 2104-05, 1045 Middle Huai Hai Road, 200031 Shanghai, P.R. China
goetzpartners may transfer your contact data to the other senders to the extent this is necessary for sending their emails and/or for the other marketing purposes described below. Several Group Companies are located in countries outside the EU. Some of these are countries for which the EU Commission has not decided that they ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data. With the Group Companies in those countries goetzpartners ensures an adequate level of data protection by concluding the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses. goetzpartners will provide you with a copy of these standard contractual clauses upon request.
You can further consent that the Group Companies analyse whether (and if yes when) you
- open an email sent to you, and if yes
- click on a link contained in the email to obtain further information.
This helps the Group Companies to ensure that the information sent to you is relevant for your individual areas of interest.
The legal basis for the processing of data related to the email newsletter is Article 6(1)a) GDPR together with your consent.
You can withdraw your consent and unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. The easiest way to do that is by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link that is provided in every email. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
goetzpartners stores the fact of your consent as well as its details, i.e. the automatically collected data described in section 2.2 above when
- you subscribe to the newsletter on the website and
- you click on the confirmation link in the email that goetzpartners sends to you to verify your email address.
Independent of these email messages, the goetzpartners Group Companies may send you other marketing information to promote their respective offerings that are relevant for you (always provided that the sending of such other marketing information is permitted by applicable laws). The legal basis for the corresponding processing of data is Article 6(1)f) GDPR (balancing of interests, based on the goetzpartners Group Companies’ legitimate interest to market their respective offerings). You can object to this kind of processing at any time, e.g. by sending a notice by email to email@example.com.
goetzpartners stores the data that are addressed in this section as long as you receive the email newsletter or other marketing materials and thereafter for up to three more years (beginning at the end of the year in which you unsubscribed from the newsletter). goetzpartners stores the content of the email and other marketing messages sent to you as well as any message received from you in accordance with the statutory retention period under trade and tax laws, which is usually six years (beginning at the end of the year in which the email was sent or received).
5. Job applications
If you apply for a job at goetzpartners, goetzpartners will store and process the data you have provided in your application to review and handle this application. If you apply for a job at another company of goetzpartners group, your data can be passed on to the respective company. There they will be processed as described herein. The legal basis for this processing of data is Article 6(1)b) GDPR (contractual and pre-contractual activities).
If your application is successful, goetzpartners (or the respective company of goetzpartners group) will continue to process your data for the purposes of your employment relationship. If your application is not successful, your data will usually be deleted or pseudonymized within 180 days after the end of the application process. You may consent, however, that goetzpartners continues to store your application materials for up to 4 years. This will permit goetzpartners to stay in contact with you and to present suitable positions at goetzpartners and at other companies of goetzpartners group. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)a) GDPR in connection with your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time, e.g. via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
6. External service providers
goetzpartners uses various external services providers to operate this website (e.g. data center operators or newsletter service providers). To the extent it is necessary these service providers also process personal data. goetzpartners diligently selects and supervises its service providers. They process the data only in accordance with goetzpartners’ instructions and are also bound by this privacy statement.
7. Retention periods
goetzpartners stores personal data only as long as it is necessary for the purposes described herein, or as long as it is necessary to comply with statutory retention periods. Unless it is stated otherwise herein the data you have entered pursuant to section 2.1 above will therefore not be retained for longer than the statutory retention period of six years which may apply pursuant to trade and tax laws. Unless it is stated otherwise herein the automatically collected data pursuant to section 2.2 will be deleted or anonymized after one week at the latest.
8. Your rights
Upon request, goetzpartners will inform you if and which data goetzpartners has stored about you. If the legal requirements are met, you have the right to correct, block or delete this data.
You also have the right to receive from goetzpartners the personal data concerning you which you have provided to goetzpartners, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit (or have transmitted) those data to another controller.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for data protection matters.
If the legal requirements are met, you have the right to correct, block or delete this data. You can find a corresponding form HERE.
9. Data protection officer of goetzpartners
For general questions or suggestions with regard to data protection please contact goetzpartners' data protection officer by postal mail to the goetzpartners address stated above or via email to email@example.com.