Deal Announcement

goetzpartners advised Mehler AG on its sale of a 74% stake in Kirson Industrial Reinforcements GmbH

31. juillet 2017


Publicly listed, French industrial conglomerate Saint-Gobain has signed a share purchase agreement to acquire 100% in Kirson Industrial Reinforcements GmbH from Mehler AG (74% stake) and the minority shareholder (remaining 26% stake). Kirson Industrial Reinforcements is a specialist manufacturer of industrial fabrics for the most varied of applications. The company offers scrims made from polyester- and/or glass fibers as well as scrim laminates made with glass or polyester-nonwovens applied mainly for roofing membranes within the construction industry.

goetzpartners acting as exclusive M&A advisor to majority stake owner Mehler AG has managed a swift execution process in less than 3 months while the deal marks a successful follow-up situation to the sale of a majority stake of publicly listed KAP Beteiligungs-AG to global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group end of 2016. Thereby, goetzpartners acted as exclusive M&A advisor to the sellers of KAP Beteiligungs-AG.

The integration of Kirson Industrial Reinforcements into Saint-Gobain's High-Performance Materials Activity will complete Adfors' offer for the waterproofing membrane market and help develop the sales of its products worldwide. This acquisition is fully in line with Saint-Gobain's strategy to consolidate its positioning on high performance solutions in the housing and construction sector.

The transaction is subject to approval by the German antitrust authority, and is expected to close during early Q3 2017.

About Mehler AG

Mehler AG owns a 74% stake in Kirson Industrial Reinforcements GmbH and is in turn a 100% subsidiary of KAP Beteiligungs-AG. KAP Beteiligungs-AG is a holding company that provides a broad range of services for its subsidiaries as a strategic financial holding company. KAP Group invests in mid-market companies of various sizes and offers them the financial resources they need for a successful existence in their markets, a competent contact partner who supports them in strategic issues.

About Saint-Gobain

Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change. In 2016, the company generates more than €39bn in sales, operates in 67 countries with more than 170,000 employees.

goetzpartners Team

Guido Decker
Managing Director

Matthias Stötter
Associate Director

Philipp Hartelt

Mar Castellà Fontes